Saturday 2 March 2013

Prologic Senzora 13 Hands-On Review

Dear readers,

I just received my new bite alarm system, Prologic Senzora 13 with 4 alarms +  1 remote alarm (wireless). I can't field test it yet (because of winter), and one time field-tests are useless anyway.

What are the most important things in alarm systems (reliability, endurance) usually can't be tested on a few trips. To say anything that could be considered as a fact, I must fish at least a one full season with these alarms. Anyway, I would like to review these on my dinner table, talking about the facts that can be said about the product at this time (ease of use, settings, etc).

The Prologic Senzora 13 alarm set.


The alarm system comes in a plastic case, which is foam-padded from the inside. Opening the box you can see 4 alarms + 1 remote with an attachable belt-clip. The overall construction of the alarms seems to be good, and the carbon-effect look on these is actually nice. The alarms itself are lightweight and you can attach the 9V batteries easily within seconds. Each alarm runs on  a regular 9 V battery, which is quite nice as these batteries can be found on every retailer. Usually the 9V battery easily lasts for an entire season, so I guess I don't have to keep any spare batteries with me. The remote alarm works with 3 x AAA batteries. I use rechargeable ones, so I always have my batteries fully loaded on the remote alarm.

The volume can be set really loud on the alarms, so you won't miss a bite. There's also a silent mode for the remote.

The sensitivity setting seems to be working perfect, one adjustment beep counts for about 1 cm, and the alarms have 5 sensitivity levels. So the alarm sensitivity can be set to beep from approximately 1 cm to 5 cm of line. That's enough adjustability for me.

There's nothing fancy about the tone settings. You can select from five different pitches, and the tones are quite different. You shouldn't have any problems distinguishing alarm sounds from each other.

There is a feature in this system which cannot be found on every alarm set out there. You can test the range of you remote alarm by pressing some buttons. It's nice to test the range if your tent is quite far away or there are some obstacles between your tent and the rods.

Oh, the best part is that the set is all ready to go. No hassle with programming the alarms. I will write a more comprehensive review after the carp season 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment