Monday 21 May 2012

First Trip of the Season

The time had come for the first trip of the season. I didn't keep my hopes up, as the time was quite early and I am yet again searching for a new lake. The odds were strongly against me, and despite my hard effort, (and reading Chris Yates' magnificent book "Nightwalk") I managed to blank 100%. 

Remember, dear readers, blanking is good. I actually cherish blanking sessions (if they remain on blanking streaks less than 300 hours). What I learned from the first trip of the season: it's never too early to start a season. I am not on the bank for the fish... I am there because of me.

The Prologic WUSB alarms worked nicely and they are actually quite durable. I didn't get my alarm song of "Ice, Ice, Baby" though. Yet it's worth every minute on the bank waiting for Vanilla Ice to start singing/rapping "Yo, VIP, Let's Kick It!". And on that moment, I'm definitely going to kick it VIP Style!

My Prologic WUSB 3+1 alarms with fender kits and QR hangers attached. Some might say snag bars are useless on tripods, but I reckon they are quite handy if the rigs are cast to either side of the tripod. They prevent rods falling off the pod on a screaming run.

No comments:

Post a Comment