Friday 13 July 2012

Doing Good Deeds... Lifetime Patron of The Wye

Dear readers,

I FINALLY had the chance of repaying the hospitality of the Wye & Usk Foundation, Mr. Martin Bowler for giving a day of his time and Mr. Peter Drennan for letting us fish on his private waters.

I recently had my barbel fishing article published in a Finnish fishing magazine Metsästys & Kalastus (issue 6/2012). The magazine has around 40 000 subscribers and 400 000 readers. The article itself was 5 pages, with a full double page trophy shot of a barbel and me. :)

Anyhow, I donated the money from the article to Wye & Usk foundation. The sum was 500 GBP, which makes me Lifetime Patron of The Wye. Now send me the crown and I'll wear it every time I go fishing :) Don't get me wrong, I am not rich. I just wanted to do something to repay the hospitality.


Mr. Martin Bowler guided us to several barbel on the Wye. He is a true ambassador for fishing.

1 comment: