Thursday 11 February 2016

Pike: Hungry Little Buggers

Hi all!

Some parts of the Baltic sea are already fishable, so some of my friends have already started their pike season. Alas, I just can't find the time at the moment to hit the waters. Hopefully, I will have more time in the near future.

Just a small suggestion to pike fishermen, who are more or less uncomfortable with bigger lures - don't be! Big lures can sometimes be the only lures that work - whether you are targeting small or big pike. Last autumn I read about guys using only small spoons for pike. Yes, these CAN work, and they are worth the try. But you can blank by using too small lures.

For instance, I was fishing with normal sizes softbaits (13cm), and was blanking. Then I switched to the 40cm Real Eel. You know what happened?

This happened. A smallish pike hit the 40 cm Real eel. It didn't want to bite the small 13 cm lure.
Yet again, this is not the ultimate truth. Only an idea that can sometimes be true. Be open-minded about your fishing, and sometimes you can discover something.

No comments:

Post a Comment